Ste-Catherine St. revamp: one lane, no parking, more pedestrian friendly

Ste-Catherine St. W. will be reduced to one traffic lane between Mansfield and Bleury Sts. and parking will be eliminated, Mayor Valérie Plante announced Thursday.

Making Montreal’s main shopping drag more pedestrian-friendly is the guiding principle behind the $123-million refurbishment of the 670-metre stretch, the mayor said at a news conference on the top floor of the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel.

A second lane on the right-hand (south) side of the street will be available for delivery vans, emergency vehicles and cars dropping off passengers, while sidewalks will be widened by 60 per cent, according to the plan.

Work began in January and will be completed in 2021.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/city-unveils-plan-for-ste-catherine

Racist white men on 4Chan go into a rage about white women with black men; one man brags about his Asian girlfriend “refusing to hold my hand after I shook hands with a Somalian…

Original Link

Archive here.

 

“My gf is Asian. She refused to hold my hand after I shook hands with a Somalian after a football game. Thats when I knew she was a goodun.”

Once again, cyclical masculinity allows white men to maintain extremely hostile mannerisms towards non-whites, while maintaining “relationships” with women that provide them what they need – validation, sexuality, and companionship. Note that this strange refusal more often reveals the cold, passive aggressive and asexual nature of their status-oriented partners that can be seen more often than not in these relationships; oftentimes the aggressive and controlling nature of foreign born Tiger Mothers will cause men married to them to resort to even more extreme websites and beliefs as a way to demonstrate control.

Anti-blackness among white fathers of half-Asians is extremely common and to a certain degree inherited, such as with myself, and Elliot Rodger. This can be said that because white men initially wanted white women, but white women rejected them in favor of more liberal policies towards progress, many, many white men that harbor antiquated views of white male supremacy and sexuality marry Asian women as a way to validate their racist viewpoints.

There is no conflict between a white supremacist who hates white women for their traitorous behavior – and marriage to an Asian wife, who they idealize as being faithful, traditional, “racially aware,” family-oriented, chaste, and hostile to blacks and other ethnic minorities.

https://halfasian.org/2018/04/25/racist-white-men-on-4chan-go-into-a-rage-about-white-women-with-black-men-one-man-brags-about-his-asian-girlfriend-refusing-to-hold-my-hand-after-i-shook-hands-with-a-somalian-after-a-foot-ball-gam/

 

Founder of “Islam” party treats Belgian women like trash during TV debate

Redouane Ahrouch, the founder and the president of Belgium’s “Islam” party, refused to look women in the eye during a TV debate. He also didn’t shake their hands. One of the women said she felt “humiliated” and “worthless” afterwards, Belgian newspaper Gazet van Antwerpen reports. 

When the Islam party was created, one of its goals was to promote better integration of Belgium’s Muslim population. But, just after Ahrouch had been elected, he switched his position and recently said he wants to create an Islamic State in Belgium.

During a TV debate on Belgium’s RTL-TVI, the TV presenter revealed that M. Ahrouch did in fact shook hands with the men in the studio, but not with the women who were present. He also didn’t want the make-up artist to work with him, fearing that she might touch him.

When he was asked about his anti-social behaviour, M. Ahrouch justified it by saying that “shaking hands is an occidental habit”. He also said “there isn’t any law which obliges me to shake hands”, seemingly forgetting that he’d only refused to give women a handshake.

The debate got even more awkward  when he was asked a question by female journalist, Emmanuelle Praet. Ahrouch simply refused to look at her. When asked about why he wouldn’t look at women, he just responded by saying that he was “perfectly hearing them”.

After the debate, “La Dernière Heure” spoke with Emmanuelle Praet. She said that the experience was very “shocking”, she felt “humiliated” and “worthless”. She also said that the scariest thing in M. Ahrouch’s behaviour was his “seriousness”, adding that “he wasn’t playing any game”.

Ahrouch was elected in the Molenbeek district of Brussels six years ago. Molenbeek has a reputation of being a “jihadist hotbed” and not without reason: Some of the terrorists responsible for Madrid’s bombings (193 deaths) and the attack on Paris (137 deaths) came directly from the migrant suburb.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/04/founder-of-islam-party-treats-belgian-women-like-trash-during-tv-debate/#.WuIfV6wxMhw.twitter

 

Reuben Foster’s girlfriend recants claim, says 49ers linebacker didn’t injure her

The domestic violence case against 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster is now on uncertain ground following a recantation by his girlfriend on Wednesday.

In a statement to the Sacramento Bee, the girlfriend’s lawyer, Stephanie Rickard, said that the alleged incident from February never happened and that her client made up the entire altercation, which had allegedly involved Foster physically attacking the woman.

“(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said.

The woman, who did suffer multiple injuries from an incident in February, is now saying that she got injured from a fight that she had with another woman. According to the girlfriend, she lied to police about Foster’s involvement after the linebacker threatened to break up with her.

“She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,'” Rickard said.

Rickard said there’s video evidence of the fight that the girlfriend had with the other woman. According to the Bee, the girlfriend wanted to recant everything she said about Foster, but the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office went ahead and filed charges anyway. On April 12, Foster was charged with three felonies, including one charge of domestic violence, one charge of forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime, and one charge of possessing an assault weapon.

The girlfriend, who was taken to the hospital for her injuries, originally told police that Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of the house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times.

With the victim now saying that she lied about everything, it’s unclear what will happen with the case. The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office could try to move forward if they think the girlfriend was coerced into recanting. Foster could face more than 11 years in prison if convicted and a six-game suspension under the league’s domestic violence policy if the DA moves forward with the case and wins.

Foster hasn’t been practicing with the 49ers over the past week, but he could return at some point in the near future if the 49ers are comfortable with the situation. General manager John Lynch had said on Monday that the team would definitely cut Foster if he was found guilty of hitting a woman.

“I want to be abundantly clear, if these charges are proven true, if Reuben did hit this young lady, he won’t be a part of this organization going forward,” Lynch said.

Foster has been making headlines, and not in the good way, for the past year. Back in March 2017, Foster was sent home early from the combine after getting into a heated discussion with a hospital worker while waiting to get tested. His urine sample also came back as a diluted sample which, according to the NFL‘s substance abuse policy, is considered a positive test.

The 49ers’ 2017 first-round pick was also arrested on Jan. 12 and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana after an incident in Alabama.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reuben-fosters-girlfriend-recants-claim-says-49ers-linebacker-didnt-injure-her/

 

Islamic organization applied for federal funding under Summer Jobs program

http://news.acdemocracy.org/islamic-organization-applied-for-federal-funding-under-summer-jobs-program/

 

islamic organization applied for federal funding under Summer Jobs program

Posted by: ACD

DawaNet has published its “Summer 2018 Student Employment Opportunities.” Its online publication reads:

We are hiring for the following positions for Summer 2018:

  • Youth Program Coordinator
  • Special Events Coordinator
  • Social Services Coordinator
  • Volunteer Management Coordinator
  • Education Coordinator
  • Content and Marketing Coordinator

DawaNet noted that these jobs “will be funded by the Government of Canada and the duration, start date, and wage is dependant on the approval we will receive from CSJ Program.”

Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) is an initiative of the Summer Work Experience program. It provides wage subsidies to employers to create employment for secondary and post-secondary students.

CSJ 2018 supports the following:

  • Employers who intend to hire youth who are in underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities.
  • Small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of jobs
  • Organizations that support opportunities for official language minority communities
  • Organizations that provide services and/or supports for the LGBTQ2 community
  • Organization that support opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and information and communications and technology (ICT), particularly for women.

Organizations that apply for federal funding under Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program must sign the following “Attestation”:

I have read and understood the Canada Summer Jobs Articles of Agreement and referred to the Applicant Guide as needed;

The job would not be created without the financial assistance provided under a potential contribution agreement;

Both the job* and my organization’s core mandate* respect individual human rights in Canada, including the values underlying the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as other rights. These include reproductive rights and the right to be free from discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, mental or physical disability or sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression;

I have all the necessary authorities, permissions and approvals to submit this application on behalf of myself and the organization.

Faith-based communities protested the federal government’s decision to make the “Attestation” a condition for receiving the summer jobs funding. On March 28, 2018, the National Post reported that “a coalition of Christian, Jewish and Muslim groups says a face-to-face meeting with Employment Minister Patty Hajdu in Ottawa last week ended in disappointment as they were told there will be no compromise — at least for this year — on the Canada Summer jobs attestation on abortion rights.”

A spokesperson for Hajdu told the National Post that “our government remains committed to ensuring that taxpayer funds are never used to work against women’s rights, LGBTQ2 rights, or other human rights.”

DawaNet’s senior board member on implementing Islamic Sharia Law in North America

Taha Ghayyur, the current Executive Director of Islamic Society of North America (ISNA Canada) is also a board member of DawaNet.

In an article originally published in English by the Young Muslims website and entitled “Understanding Punishment in Shariah,” Taha Ghayyur explained the rationale behind the harsh punishments in Islam (execution, stoning, cutting off thieves’ hands, etc.) and argued that the Islamic law (sharia) can be implemented in North America. (Detailed information on Taha Ghayyur’s involvement with North American Muslim organizations is available here.)

The following are excerpts from Ghayyur’s article:

[If o]ne wonders if [sharia] can be practically implemented in our contemporary North American context[,] … [t]he principles of [sharia] are universal and are not bound by the limitations of time and culture. 

Ghayyur argues:

It is certainly possible to apply [sharia] in the North American society only if three conditions are fulfilled:

One, when an environment is developed, provisioned with preventative measures, that is conductive to a just and productive lifestyle, which is often not compatible with a consumer lifestyle.

Two, if the [sharia] laws are implemented gradually, accompanied by continuous public education and training on the importance of justice, freedom, and one’s purpose on this [E]arth, the way it was revealed and practiced, as a strategy of pre-crime social reform, over a period of twenty-three years at the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the first generation of Muslims.

Three, if the punishments in the [sharia] are given their due place, only to be used as a last resort, and not to be practiced in isolation from the other major objectives of the [sharia].

He then clarifies why it is important to introduce these measures gradually:

If a comprehensive approach to [sharia] is not adopted then one may expect to witness horrific images of extremist, selective, and literal application of the Islamic text, the likes of which we have witnessed in recent times.

Exclusive: Ancient Mass Child Sacrifice May Be World’s Largest

Evidence for the largest single incident of mass child sacrifice in the Americas— and likely in world history—has been discovered on Peru’s northern coast, archaeologists tell National Geographic.

More than 140 children and 200 young llamas appear to have been ritually sacrificed in an event that took place some 550 years ago on a wind-swept bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, in the shadow of what was then the sprawling capital of the Chimú Empire.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/04/mass-child-human-animal-sacrifice-peru-chimu-science/

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYD4xa4iqDA

 

 

McKenna outlines pipeline protections ahead of B.C court reference

OTTAWA – Environment Minister Catherine McKenna is floating the idea of a joint Ottawa-B.C. panel of scientists to enhance existing research on oil spills as the federal government continues pressing its case for the Trans Mountain expansion project.

McKenna is making the proposal to B.C. Environment Minister George Heyman just as the province prepares to unveil the question it will ask the Court of Appeal as it tries to limit the flow of oil through the expanded pipeline.

B.C.’s efforts to block the $7.4-billion project prompted the builder, Kinder Morgan, to halt spending until Ottawa can convince skittish investors that it will go ahead.

In a letter released today, McKenna says Ottawa has already taken steps to mitigate the damage in the event of a spill, including increased capacity to tow ships and five new emergency response stations, and says she is willing to address some of B.C.’s additional concerns.

If B.C. is interested, she says Canada would also consider a joint scientific advisory panel to take stock of the science available on oil spills, including current models of how to respond in the event of an incident involving a number of different petroleum products.

McKenna also says B.C.’s consultation paper on oil spill management left out the very federal policies and programs she says prove why the federal government believes the pipeline is safe.

http://www.news1130.com/2018/04/26/mckenna-outlines-pipeline-protections-ahead-of-b-c-court-reference/

 

New ‘Islamist’ attacks in north Mozambique

Three new attacks allegedly by radicalised Muslim youth in northern Mozambique have left one dead and three injured in recent days, sources told AFP on Wednesday.

A spate of violence has erupted in the region since October when an apparent jihadist assault targeted a police station and military post, leaving two officers and 14 attackers dead.

In that attack, dozens of armed men, known locally as “al-Shabaab” – Arabic for “youth” though with no confirmed link to the Somali jihadist group of the same name – were involved.

The latest assaults, on Saturday and Sunday, targeted two villages near the towns of Mocimboa da Praia and Palma, not far from the border with Tanzania, said sources on condition of anonymity.

Police are not allowed to speak to the press, but the attacks and toll were confirmed by local residents who said small farms were targeted.

Armed incidents and kidnappings have increased in the region since last year, fuelled by long-suppressed frustrations in the majority-Muslim north.

At least 300 Muslims have been arrested and several mosques forced to close.

President Filipe Nyusi has also fired the heads of the army and the intelligence agencies, blaming them for having missed warning signs of the unrest.

Mozambique has claimed a proud record of peaceful coexistence of different religions, but the country’s north has largely been excluded from the economic growth of the last 20 years.