‘Bible torching,’ ‘neo-satanic’ college group planned ‘lamb sacrifice’ at Clemson University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLeO_VGxNs

A college group reportedly planned to hold a “neo-satanic” ceremony at Clemson University on Saturday.

According to a flier found in Clemson’s Brackett Hall, students were invited to attend the Clemson Unorthodox Neo-Satanic Temple’s “C.U.N.T. Afterlife Party” on March 11. The flier, which features two satanic symbols, promises students a “lamb sacrifice” and “live bloodletting,” a public satanic ritual in which people draw blood from a live animal.

In addition to sacrificing lambs, the flier promised students a “Bible Torching Ceremony” at 7 p.m. and promised the “C.U.N.T. sucker who brings the most bibles wins $25!”

The Clemson Unorthodox Neo-Satanic Temple claims in the flier the event was planned to “help summon Baphomet,” a goat-headed satanic figure with horns.

 

In addition to sacrificing lambs, the flier promised students a “Bible Torching Ceremony” at 7 p.m. and promised the “C.U.N.T. sucker who brings the most bibles wins $25!”

The Clemson Unorthodox Neo-Satanic Temple claims in the flier the event was planned to “help summon Baphomet,” a goat-headed satanic figure with horns.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/12/bible-torching-neo-satanic-college-group-planned-lamb-sacrifice-at-clemson-university

 

Alcohol banned in First Nation where 3 boys killed by allegedly impaired driver

A northern Manitoba First Nation has banned alcohol, days after three children died when they were hit by an allegedly drunk driver.

 

Chief and council of Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation in Nelson House, Man., made the ban effective Tuesday.

 

A public announcement from leadership said the ban is out of respect for the three boys who died.

“During this time, there will be no public intoxication tolerated,” the announcement reads.

 

The community’s safety officers will enforce the ban with checkstops and will seize all alcohol for destruction, the public announcement said.

Keithan Lobster, 11, Mattheo Moore-Spence, 11, and Terrence Spence, 13, were walking and riding their bikes with friends along a main road in the community, about 660 kilometres north of Winnipeg, when they were hit and killed by a driver who was allegedly impaired.

Nisichawayasihk Chief Marcel Moody said the ban is temporary and was requested by leaders at a meeting on Sunday.

“Out of respect for the families, we want to create some peace and harmony in our community and we don’t want alcohol to take away from what’s happening in the community,” he said.

Community leadership will also look at ways to increase awareness about the dangers of impaired driving, Moody said.

“Hopefully we learn from this lesson, and I hope it never happens again, to anybody,” he said. “It’s so devastating and this accident could have been prevented.”

 

 

 

 

Previous conviction for impaired driving

Todd Norman Linklater, who is is also a resident of the small community, is facing a total of nine charges in connection with the crash, including three counts of impaired driving causing death.

Linklater, 27, was previously convicted for impaired driving in January 2009, according to records provided to CBC News by Manitoba Justice.

Linklater was scheduled to appear in court in Thompson on Monday, said RCMP. None of the new charges have been proven in court.

His mother, Valdine Linklater, told The Canadian Press her heart and soul are broken.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/nisichawayasihk-nelson-house-alcohol-ban-1.4643797

East Vancouver residents fed up with blaring trains passing nightly

Residents of East Vancouver are speaking out about a jarring increase in the number of loud trains passing through their neighbourhood at all hours of the day and night.

Since last year, Strathcona residents living in the area of Glen Drive have increasingly found themselves trapped in their cars waiting for trains to pass, or being jolted awake in bed by blaring bells and other startling noises.

“It sounds like explosions,” said Su-Laine Brodsky. “It sounds like trains crashing into each other.”

After using the waterfront rails for nearly a decade, the Canadian National Railway has lately been sending trains down a different line that runs right through their neighbourhood, just a stone’s throw from dozens of homes.

At one point just south of Hastings Street, trains on the line pass “within five feet of a toddler’s bedroom” in a 115-year-old home, according to the Strathcona Residents’ Association.

Before the sudden influx of trains, the line was only used a couple times a week. Now CN trains scream by multiple times daily, according to the association’s Dan Jackson.

“It was nothing. Nobody worried about it,” he said. “Basically overnight it went from being two small trains a week to six huge trains a day.”

They’re also worried things could get worse. Jackson said CN’s trains are going back-and-forth to the Centerm Port, which has just been approved for a major expansion.

The City of Vancouver has acknowledged there’s a problem, and hosted a meeting with frustrated residents Wednesday night. Staff are also in talks with the railway, and promise a solution is coming – though there is no timeline for when that could happen.

“We have plans over the long-term to look at a grade separation, so we’d have an overpass so the roadway and the railway don’t have an at-grade crossing,” said Jerry Dobrovolny, general manager of engineering services for Vancouver.

According to the city, CN was invited to Wednesday’s meeting but didn’t attend.

With files from CTV Vancouver’s Breanna Karstens-Smith

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/east-vancouver-residents-fed-up-with-blaring-trains-passing-nightly-1.3914316